Worst thing that happened to me on 9/11 was...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Here me and my team are boarding planes to provide security. Fly from London to Philadelphia with no issues. Then on to Cleveland in an ERJ (tiny jet).

I had a lady hit me in the face with her bag and crack a bridge. Got to the dentist today to take care of it. Well,,,,, it cracked the tooth below it as well.

So I had the tooth yanked and I am taking tomorrow off...

In the scheme of things, could have been much worse I guess...

Accident,,,

She packed it too heavy and just didn't have the muscle to get it into the over-head.

So it slipped off the lip and into my lovely face...

I truly do enjoy my job, but the people can sometimes be a real pain in the a$$...

Oh well,,, stuff happens and you drive on.

typical stuff the carry on well above the max.

as well use the cell and on SWA due the oh, lets sit here, no here, no here :angry:

feel better :haveabeer:

I refer to Southwest airlines as Chuck-e-Cheese airlines...

They do very well for themselves. They are one of the few airlines making money.

That does not change the lack of joy I have flying them though...

I will have to admit I am a bit spoiled. I am in first class at least 95% of the time. So to go to an ERJ or Southwest is always humbling...

Way back in about 1996 I flew SouthWest Airlines from Austin to Las Vegas. The flight was not over booked, There were plenty of empty seats and there was plenty of room. Overall the flight was fine, but you sure where not sitting in the lap of luxury..:grin:

That was kind of a spur-of-the-moment flight since it was SouthWest Airline's 25th anniversary and flights were only $25 for each segment. Since the Austin to Las Vegas flight was non-stop, it only cost me $56 (w/taxes) for a round trip ticket per person. Wow, What a bargin..:banana:

I'm going back to Vegas in October and the round trip tickets on US Airways is over $260 (w/Taxes)

My biggest problem with the airlines is that they charge different Airport Fees for the same departure and destination airports. From what I am reading, Some airlines are lowballing their fares so that you pick them, and then they jack up the Airport fees for more profit !

My $260 round trip Dallas to Vegas ticket has over $91 in Airport fees, while other airlines have higher initial fares, they charge less for the airport fees. I think there should be a limit to what the airlines can charge for Airport fees and they should be included in the price of the ticket so the price they advertise is the full price.

Kind of like how some eBay sellers will sell something very cheap, but then charge you an arm and a leg for the shipping and handling??? Or how the phone/cable companies will give a low price for phone or cable and then you get your bill and you are being charged for all these fees that make no sense.....Just trying to find out what these fees are in advance is frustrating because they can adjust what they charge anytime they want.

I looked up Airport fees at iada.org and downloaded a 151 page document that was total jibberish...It only gave you page after page of codes but nothing relating to the actual $ amounts at different Airports....If you want that list it cost over $1600 :angry:

When you buy a ticket they just lump the Fees and Taxes together, so you never know exactly what you are paying in fees and what you are paying in taxes???:btddhorse:

...Rich

"I refer to Southwest airlines as Chuck-e-Cheese airlines...

They do very well for themselves. They are one of the few airlines making money"

yes, a very budget like get to point A to B with no frills airline. also very good policies for ticket exchange/lack of extra baggage fee.

the carpet sweeper (737) worked well for their routes.

as you mention they are doing OK and for my trips they work very well for us.

the founder herb kelleher created and risked alot starting up economy SWA in 71.

a very good bio if you get a chance take a look. CNBC did a great documentary.

it is just the idiot passengers who dont get it :angry:

"I will have to admit I am a bit spoiled. I am in first class at least 95% of the time"

me as well. i remember the good ole' days first class on eastern :grin:

"

Last edited by a moderator:
I only fly now if I really must. Too costly (I live near Pittsburgh) and too much hassle. 600 miles or less and flying isn't a thought. Drove to FL last month and took the Auto Train back.

Oh, and the worst thing that happened to me on 9/11 was turning another year older. It's also my birthday.

Latest posts