Worst 'American' Cars/Trucks of 2006 from Consumer Reports

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted deleted

Reaction score
And Ford has several stinkers on the list.

Ford Ranger is on there...

I liked the quote from the Ford rep:

A Ford Motor spokesman explained that Grand Marquis "has limited market appeal. It's primarily older customers who buy the car. ... It's not what I would call contemporary.

Me thinks Ford has several models that fit that description.

Last edited by a moderator:
R1ch999999,

Kinda funny how that works isn't it?

I wonder how they come up with those ratings.

How about this link below? It can't be true, the Ranger is also one of the best pick-ups?

Tom

JD Powers didn't say they were the best pickups. They said they were best in initial quality. Heck, they've been building the exact same truck for 20 years, so it's not surprising they finally worked out all the bugs.

I'm sure it was very hard for Forbes to pick the worst American cars. They had a lot of candidates to choose from.

Of course, those reports are all someone's opinion. If you like what you have and it ends up on some list, who cares. Case in point.......our Tracs are rated very poorly in rollover tests where they drive in a manner that none of us ever will.

Back in the mid-90's Consumer Reports said that Ranger/Mazda B-series were the best trucks on the road. My take is that they WERE the best, but the competition has passed them by now.

Ford really should use an updated design. Nelson hit it on the head: Ford has been building the same truck since the early '80s and it is getting really long in the tooth compared to the competition.

(Of course, I would take a Ranger ANYDAY over that piece of crap Chevy Colorado. Chevy bought the farm on that one--they rushed a very poor design to market just to get something to sell.)

Chevy bought the farm on that one--they rushed a very poor design to market just to get something to sell.

Actually, that was Isuzu's doing. GM let Isuzu design the Colorado. Since Isuzu markets the whole world and not just N. America, they designed the Colorado with ONLY a 4 cylinder. By the time GM got back involved, too much money was already invested and GM had to scramble for an optional engine for a 4 cylinder.

That is why there is an I-5 used.

Tom

Isuzu is out of the US market now, since their last remaining model, the Isuzu/GM 'Ascender' was dumped due to poor sales.

Actually Darin. There is an Isuzu dealership on I-240 at Shields Blvd in OKC. I pass it occasionally on the way to my fiancee's house (it's on the path between her daughter and her house). They pretty much just had their Colorado clones on the lot last time I looked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts