worked on the trac this weekend.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i picked up my trac used in february, it had a couple odds and ends that needed fixed. Weather was good this weekend so i repaired the power lumbar on both front seats and i cleaned the headliner front to back.

the lumbar switch on the driver side was not working right, everytime i pumped up the lumbar it would deflate. i pulled the switch from the seat and took it apart, it turned out that the deflate toggle was depressed and stuck down (open) to create an open loop not allowing the lumbar to stay inflated. so i disassembled the switch and cleaned / greased and i tweeked the spring a touch to assist the plungers to return to center. same story on the passenger side, although since i knew the workings i left the switch in the seat and worked on it installed. both worked fine all weekend and this morning.

the headliner (light tan) was cleaned by the dealer and i did not ever really pay attention to it being clean or not untill a couple weeks ago and noticed all the dirty streaks where they tried to use some sort of steamer cleaner.. the light tan had water streaks of dirt in the pattern of the tool.. they did not even do under the visors, so that had a pretty nasty dirt ring. i cleaned it all with some dawn dish soap on a terry cloth and a dabbed it with a dry cloth.. after that i could still see some outlines of dirt and waterspots, so i picked up some dry clean upholstery cleaner and used that on a cloth and it appears to be pretty clean..

my shoulders are sore today.. :D

that is the stuff, i have used it many times in other places and it has always worked like a charm.. cheap too!

when my wife and i were moving, she got in a hurry and dumped a entire bottle of liquid make-up on the new carpet (light beige) the spot was about a foot in dia, . i used the blue coral and a steamer .. it took about an hour of switching back and forth but it got it all out and you would never know it happened.

Latest posts