Woohoo! New tires!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
Just bought four 255/70R16 Cooper Discoverer CTS tires for $119.95 each and got a $75 gift card at the do-it-yourself place where I bought them. They're replacing my Michelin X Radial LT's that had 65,000 on them.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read a lot of good stuff about Cooper. Made in the U.S., too.:supercool:

I have a set of Cooper tires. Honestly, BF Goodrich (Michelin) is a better tire for about the same money.

I am not unhappy with my Coopers, I am just not impressed.

Tom

Ditto here.

Tire Rack had a closeout on these last week:

http://www.carid.com/kumho-tires/road-venture-st-kl16-469906.html

$61 each

As far as I can tell its the only all season SUV tire with a UTQG rating of AA traction/A temperature.

That is for P235/70-16 106T rated

Downside is they only have a 480 wear rating.

Just got them installed today. They are definitely very quite tires. Can't wait to see how they handle in the wet.

I recently put a set of the BF Goodrich Long Trail T/As on wife's Pilot. They replaced an OEM set of Michelin LTX M+S tires, and we cannot tell a difference for less than half the price!

Hard to beat the Long Trails. I have had them on several vehicles. Great value for the money, and they last forever, quiet, good traction, etc.

Gavin,

In 2002, I worked in a Michelin tire plant in Alabama. BF Goodrich Long Trail and the LTX tires were made in the same plant with the same carcass, just a different mold.

Watched it with my own eyes.

Tom

I don't doubt it. They are both good tires. One costs twice as much as the other one, though.

Bet working in a tire plant in Alabama during the hot humid summer was a treat... :cry:

Latest posts