Wonder if this is fact??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score

Manure...�An interesting fact�

Manure:� In the 16th and 17th centuries, everything had to be transported by ship and it was also before commercial fertilizer's invention, so large shipments of manure were common.�

It was shipped dry, because in dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet, but once water (at sea) hit it, it not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by product is methane gas. As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen.�

Methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM!�

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was determined just what was happening.�

After that, the bundles of manure were always stamped with the term 'Ship High In Transit' on them, which meant for the sailor's..,to stow it high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.�

Thus evolved the term 'S.H.I.T ' , (Ship High In Transport) which has come down through the centuries and is in use to this very day.�

You probably did not know the true history of this word.�

Neither did I.�

I had always thought it was a golf term�!�!

And reminded me of the joke:

A blond girl entered the elevator, she sighed a triumphant, "T-G-I-F...," and began to relish the thought of going home and relaxing the weekend away.

It so happened that there was a man on the elevator with her and heard her jubilant exclamation.

His reply to her was, "S-H-I-T."

Now the woman was not sure if she heard the man correctly and she was determined not to let this man ruin her beautiful weekend she had ahead of her, so again she stated more strongly, "T-G-I-F!" and glared at the man, daring him to repeat his obscenity.

The man made eye contact and stated matter-of-factly, "S-H-I-T."

This infuriated the young woman, so with hands on her hips she stated, "How dare you use profane language like that in front of a lady! I was saying, T-G-I-F...

'Thank Goodness it's Friday.' What is wrong with you!?"

The man was amused at her outrage and with a smirk on his face replied,

"S-H-I-T. 'Sorry, Honey... it's THURSDAY!" :lol::lol:

Oh well funny story anyway...

Of course I dont take alot of count in snopes any more. It is done by a man and his wife that lean to the far left...:eek:

Of course I dont take alot of count in snopes any more. It is done by a man and his wife that lean to the far left...:eek:

Funny how people discredit things they disagree with. :(

Tom

Tom, I didnt say I disagreed with it. I said I have found some things that lean far left, especialy with politics. Do a search on who really runs snopes.

Now with that said. Go start a fight with your wife or neighbor. That seems all you do on this board anymore.

I refuse to be traped in your cr*p after this post. see ya!

Do a search on who really runs snopes.

It is a man and his wife. Just because Foxnews or worldnetdaily doesn;t run it doesn't mea it should be automatically dismissed because one feels they lean too far one way or the other.

We get chain emails about someone we are against. Of course, the email says stuff we already think about that person and we foreward it to another person that shares our views. When we find out that info was false, we chalk it up as "it is only amateurs and they lean the opposite direction than I do".

Here we go, we believe what we want to believe and we choose to believe it. We surround ourselves to books, TV media, newspapers, etc. that support our viewpoint. We call that balanced.

I like to watch Michael moore films. I take most of it with a grain of salt because Michael Moore likes to spin things his own way, just like we like to spin things our own way.

We all need to read stuff that is both concertive and liberal. Read both sides. Think for yourself.

Tom

p.s. Eddie, I think very highly of you. In no way was I trying to start crap with you. If that is what you think, then I am very sorry.

Latest posts