WMD--iraq weapons of mass destruction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy malone

Reaction score
why isn't this on the main page of the papers or even headlines on the major news networks.. BUSH WAS RIGHT!

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/u/uraniumyellowcake.htm

On July 7, 2008 the American Forces Press Service released a statement of the completion of a classified mission dubbed "Operation McCall" to transfer 500 metric tons of yellowcake at the request of the Iraqi government from Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Center near Baghdad to Canada. Click here to read the story posted on the Department of Defense site.

According to published reports including CBS news, the United States secretly moved a huge stockpile of yellowcake over a two week period, from Iraq to Canada, partly to keep it from falling into the hands of either terrorists or foreign governments such as Iran.

The operation was reportedly more than a year in the making and took three months to execute. It included carrying 3,500 barrels of yellowcake by road from Baghdad, then flying them on 37 military flights to an atoll in the Indian Ocean, then carrying them aboard a U.S. ship bound for Montreal. In all, it added up to more than 500 metric tons of material from Saddam Hussein's nuclear program.

The Iraqi government sold the yellowcake to a Canadian uranium company and it will be used in Ontario, Canada, for use in nuclear reactors.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

You won't hear about it on the networks because they already said he lied. They painted him out to be a lier, do you really think they would do the same to themselves? NOPE! Where's Frank on this one?:D

It won't be on the networks, or by Olberman and his ilk, but there are some who will bring it to light.

I'm talking the Fox New Channel, if it's indeed true.

It is not new, news. But it didnt catch a major headline either. The military sat on the find for along time also for secutity reasons. But it still shows saddam was up to something. It is public knowledge he poisoned the kurds and iranians. Then would not let the UN finnish the job. Someone I know that was in AF security told me years ago, they knew what saddam has. They lost track of his WMD's in the dessert.

Same reason why no media coverage of the largest re-enlistment ceremony

held in one of Saadams palaces, there were around 1000 GI's re-upping to get the

job done,

Where was the coverage?

bud, I heard about that. Believe it or not CNN gave it a 5 sec "spot" then moved onto another topic. They also ran it on the "ticker" on the bottom of the screen a couple times. Yeah, you would think it would be news, but not this day and age. Just about every station will take the time to spell out the number of deaths the war has had, but to give credit to the ones who are willing to give others the taste of freedom we have become a customed to, that is not news. Makes my head spin. I think people's attitudes would be so much better if these networks got away from the "doom and gloom" and just concentrated on stories like that. But that's not what sells.:wacko:

snopes has a different story...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/yellowcake.asp

heck, they could be wrong too...

none of us know squat... Insiders in the gov't have a better idea n of the whole picture, and I'm sure the president-elect will know the whole story in good time..

Thanks,

STanner

Maybe they need all that yellowcake for the inauguration?

4 million people, how much Kool-Aid is that!:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who believed the news media when they said "Bush lied, there were no WMD's in Irac" are gullible idiots!!! Why do you think Sadaam kept "kicking out" the inspectors ? They were getting too close. I remember one (I think his name was Terry) quitting in frustration. Even on the History Channel there are specials about Sadaam using nerve gases on his own people.

They found chemical weapons, just not it large amounts. Media could care less. The only way you heard it was through troops storys or foxnews.

Was Iraq close to a nuclear device? Probably in 5 to 10 years. Was he trying? A big yes in my opinion. The "NEWS" is no longer the news. Its the entertainment hour. They no longer have any moral equity left in my opinion. Would Sadam have used the weapons...you bet!!

Here's the way I look at it all:

Iraq was a threat to stability in the Middle East. They were once an ally that we propped up to help against Russia, but once that conflict ended they got a little too froggy for their own good.

Saddam needed to be taken out. When our puppet dictators get out of hand, that's needed. 'Nuff said.

Saddam was hung. I saw the video. His sons KIA, I saw the pictures.

The country liberated, and turned into ground-zero for the "war on terror" (read: our presence there was a calling card for Middle East dirtbags).

Things are better in Iraq now. We have, if nothing else, created a presence and an infrastructure in the Middle East that will likely be needed over the next 30 years as crude becomes even more scarce.

Would I like to have seen things done differently? Sure.

Do I care whether there were, or were not WMDs in Iraq? Not in the least!

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
A mother here in Allen had two sons that were over there during Desert Storm. They came home both with some strange illness that only got worse.

She contacted their commander to get some medical help since she didn't have insurance. She was threatened over the phone to basicly shut up and keep quiet.

She ended up contacting ch 8 news here in Dallas which broadcasted her story of her sons not getting any medical help. It was like a cold, but much worse. Both had continious nose bleeds.

Anyway, after the story aired on our local news station, she was able to get help for her sons.

So, they were exposed to something over in SA, but the info never got published on the news what the outcome was. I never did hear if her sons recovered from what ever it was they were exposed to over there.

I believe there was something in the sand over there, but never heard what exactly it was.

I'm sure there are some on this site that were over there during DS....maybe they know something about this or what had been found.

Latest posts