Wiring problems for audio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Park 2

Reaction score
When I 1st installed my head unit I put wires together with electrical tape, but today I took it all apart and used plastic connectors with the metal in the middle to bind wires together, well I hooked it all up, and now there is a problem. When I Have my headunit on with the radio on the sub will hit, but when the cd player is engaged the amp just turns off, and will turn back on when the radio is turned back on. WHy could this be, couldn't be the headunit could it, because it was fine yesturday.

You sure you dont have the remote power lead (amplifier turn on lead) attached to the radio power antenna? Sounds like the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remote turn on is usually blue, but im sure some are different. Ususally the bottom of the unit will give the colors.

there is blue and sometimes blue with a white stripe. The orange with white is usually the illumination wire so you can have the H/u dim with your dash lights. it is a apin to hook up though and people usually dont bother with it.

on the back of the head unit you will have two wires that are blue and one will have a white stripe. the vehicle side of the harness (providing you are using a harness) in your case your useing an extra wire run by your or an audio shop that connects directly to the amplifier. look behind the radio and find out which wire on the back of the head unit the remote turn on wire that goes to the amp is connected to. if it is the blue wire than switch to the blue white and vice versa. if your still having issues let me know and post the make and model of the radio.

Good Luck

Latest posts