Wiring help for '07 Overhead Console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou M

Reaction score
'07 Sport Trac Limited.

Well. After years of being on this website and reading the Projects section, I finally have a project that I can contribute. But I need some help in figuring out the wiring for this job.

I found a Homelink/sunroof module for the overhead console out of an '02 Mountaineer that fits exactly in the same spot as the original sunroof only module. I have swapped the module out. The sunroof switch works like the original.

Now I just need to figure where to get a +12V and ground from the courtesy light wiring. I believe that the black wire on the courtesy light module is my ground (will go to the black wire on the Homelink). I have a green wire on the Homelink (+12V) that I need to connect to an "always live" +12V on the courtesy light module. There is one there as the courtesy lights always work. There are 4 wires on the courtesy light connector. Once I'm finished, I'll put it in the Projects section.

The reason that I'm doing this is that the console cost me $30.00 as opposed to $400.00 for the Homelink mirror.

Thanks.

LouM...

[Broken External Image]:

Mountaineer on the left. Mine on the right

Thanks swshawaii.

Pin 1 & 4 (GRN-VT) always +12V.

Pin 2 (BLK) gnd.

Pin 3 (YEL-GRY) timed dimmer

LouM...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts