Wiring for front doors?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark E

Reaction score
I have a 02. About a year and a half ago, the drivers door speaker stopped working. About a month later, the drivers power door lock stopped working. Took it to a shop who said Ford messed up the wiring harness. Ford recommended replacing harness for about $ 1000. Mechanic temp fixed it but said it would happen again. I let an employee borrow it for the past eight months, then got it back. No door speaker (sometimes when the door is open). No power door lock (same thing). Plus now I can roll down the drivers rear door, but can only close it when that door is opened. The truck is electrically bone stock. It is a Pioneer Edition (probally one of the last: delivery 080303) Any suggestions?

Find an auto electric shop, they can simply fix the broken wires in the harness in the door jam... IT is not hard work..

Todd Z

As Todd said, try a shop that does car stereo and alarms. The techs there should welcome the problem. Better yet, ask about an in expensive car alarm and ask them to fix all the problems at the same time.;)

Latest posts