wires?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Starcev

Reaction score
hey,

one more quick question...

the link at the bottom is how i need to hook up my subs with the amp..but see the green wire that says "Bridged", well what is a bridged wire and where can i get it?

i have the positive and negative wire but my amp kit didnt come with a "Bridged" wire...

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
In this case, it's just a wire (same gauge as your other speaker wires) that connects, or "Bridges", the Positive and Negative terminals on the speaker.

these are dual voice coil subs. 2 coils at 2 ohms each are put into series = 4 ohms per speaker now (the bridge wire) and then the 2 subs are paralleled making it slightly less than 2 ohms total load for the amp.

Simply put, the bridging wire is a jumper.

Okay, i don't have a clue what that means lol but maybe you can help me with this..

if the speaker wire looks like this..then how can i fell which is + or -?

if you look real close, you can see the plus sign (+) on the wire. Other brands will just have a stripe on one strand. It really doesn't matter, as long as you are consistent.

Speaker wire is complicated only if you make it complicated. The negative wire, in a speaker wire, is most of the time silver color or it has negatives printed on the plastic coating. The positive part is either gold or has small plusses on it. And for the bridged wire all you have to do is get about a 16 or so guage wire(it don't really matter jus as long as it's wire) and hook up one end of it to the positive terminal and the other end on the other speaker in the negative terminal.

Latest posts