Wire ID

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igor Smetaniuk

Reaction score
Does anybody have a clue what this Gray/Orange stripe wire is for in the driver door harness? It's a hefty gauge in comparison to the majority of the other wires so it must be made to power something substantial.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wiring manual for my '04 lists.....Window switch, feed, left rear, down..

Might not be the same depending on year.

A big thanks to all 3 of you because you all had wire identification solutions for me.

The door latch on driver rear hasn't worked in over a year so I never bother to open/close that window. The broken wire operates that window as it showed in the wiring diagrams. I can't get the damn door open which is going to be a brutal upcoming project to remove the door panel to access and pop open the latch. I bought the latch a long time ago, just never had the drive to tackle it. I would have found out the hard way that window doesn't work either.

Hitting 2 deer and a bear in the past year has me focused on getting a new bumper cover, support and fender as my 1st warm season project. My '01 Trac is getting old for sure but I'm keeping it going until catastrophic engine/tranny failure occurs or the body falls off the frame. :grin:

No way! I just kept driving each incident because I knew how upset I was, if I stopped and the animal wasn't dead, I would've strangled it for causing damage to my Trac.

It's amazing how well built these trucks were back then because when I got out at my destination each time and shrugged to look at how trashed everything was, it never really looked that bad at all. Fortunately, the bear looked like it was between 1-2 years old. had it been a grown 3-400 lb one, I would have had to put the Trac down. 368,000 miles and still :driving:

Latest posts