Wipers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Smith

Reaction score
Hello all,

We here in Kansas are getting a butt whoopin of a sleet storm. Went out this morning to thaw out my 2003 sprot trac. Cleared the windows off and started the heater up. I let it run for a bit and turned on the windshield wipers. They made one swipe and stopped at the top. I checked to ensure that the area was clear around the pivot point for the wipers and all was good. I have only had this truck for about 2 weeks so have not had a chance to get a manual yet. Any help would be appreciated.

They might have just froze up at the top. Wait until it's warmer out or put the defrost on high and let it heat up before trying again.

Wipers won't freeze at the top in mid-swipe, I imagine his linkage came apart. You will have to check the moving parts that connect to the wiper motor. Either something is stripped, or something came apart.

I live 30 miles south of Wichita and we have been getting sleet since 8 or 9 this morning. I let the truck run for 1/2 hour with no luck. Where is the fuse for the wiper motor?

Wes - if you turn on the wipers and get out of your truck, can you hear the wiper motor running? If not it is the motor or power to the motor, if it is running you have broken linkage problems

I'll be, the dang things have decided to work now. They must have been froze up. I will have to see if I can figure out why they froze though. This would be a pain to have happen on the road.

Wes I was born in wichita and raised in Ark City....Now residing in Overland park, ks...

I went playing in it earlier..fun stuff!!

Make sure the gear in the motor isn't slipping. I have had intermittent wipers before, they work fine, and then when you need them they no longer work because the added work load causes them to slip.

Latest posts