Wiper Blade Replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Hoffman

Reaction score
I just bought new wiper blades and looked at the book in the store. The recommended blade length is 18" but when I got home and took the old off, they are 21". Does it matter? The old ones were on there when I bought the truck and haven't had any issues out of them. What are others using? I bought the new Rain-X Latitude, any thoughts?

You will have less swiping area.

If the 21's fit and caused no issues, I would go with them as they will clear more glass for you..

I got those same blades a couple of months ago. They are great blades and don't miss anything on the first wipe, every time. However, before I got these I had gone through two sets of regular Rain-X blades and loved those. They pretty much had to same effect, plus they lasted a year before I had to replace them. If these Latitude don't last at least a year before giving up I am going right back to the regular ones, much less expensive. But Rain-X has been too good to me over the years to change to anything else.

Zachary L.

I went back to the store and switched the 18"s for 21"s and also got/used the Rain-X Wipes. I have a long drive to Pittsburgh, Pa in the morning and not expecting any rain until Monday. Hopefully it holds out till I come back to Louisville.

Latest posts