Winter Wheels and Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Neven

Reaction score
I am interested in what others are doing for winter tires and wheels. I really don't want to use the STA wheels in the snow and ice. I have read that Edge, Flex, Fusion etc wheels have the same bolt pattern and offset. Is anyone using these? Thanks for the advice

Mark,

I have seen others ask the same question. My 2010 STA has gone through 2 nasty ND winters and the OEM wheels look as good as new. I just make sure I clean them up in both the spring and the fall. The only problem I have occasionally is that snow/ice will freeze on the wide ledge on the inside of the wheel. That is easy to get at with my ice scraper.

Rod

Mark, I have two sets of wheels. the winter set is on the stock 18" aluminum "limited" wheel, with Bridgestone Blizzaks, 235/65-18. My summer set is on Boss 327 rims, 20x8.5" with 275/45-20" Toyo Proxes STII. Don't know if this helps, but the Blizzaks are incredible (this will be their 3rd season on the truck). The Toyos are on their 3rd summer, grip like mad and wear like iron. Bob

Latest posts