winter tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
winterforce tires and get them studded, cheap and once you stud a tire the playing field is levelled between all the brands enough that you might as well get the cheap ones. I did a lot of research and that's what I put on my 2wd. If I wasn't going to stud them then I think Nokia had the best tire. From what I remember the best tires are better then the studded for the first little bit and then after that either even with the studded or the studded are better. They're just loud and need a bit more stopping distance on dry pavement.

Oh, and put some weight in the back end.

R1ch, I think you mean Nokian.

I have read the Bridgestone Blizzaks are the best snow tire. I actually have them on my car, since they were provided by the previous owner. They give very good traction, but on dry roads they take some getting used to, since they grip the road almost too good and cause oversteering.

Bridgestone Bliizzaks are excellent as well as Michelin Arctic Alpin. Dunlop SP winter. Go to www.tirerack.ctire reviews and look at dedicated winter tires. You'll get a good idea of consumer response, evaluation tests and pricing.