Winter Rims

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Upton

Reaction score
Im looking at getting a set of winter rims and snow tires for the upcoming winter to swap out and save the life of my adrenalin oem rims. My question is im not going to purchase the low pressure tire sensor monitors, am i going to have a idiot light on the dash on all winter? Anybody reccomend a website for the black steel rims? Thanks all

16" Crown Victoria cop car wheels will probably fit. I know they fit a Gen 1, Gen 2 bolt pattern is the same but the offset is slightly different. 16" wheels were standard on Gen 2's so I think the cop car wheels should work. There are about a million wrecked and worn-out cop cars in junkyards all over the republic.

xlt f-150 are the same bolt pattern and off set? What years will work off the xlt? JohnnyO i would like to keep the same off set, if they stick out too far i will be spraying my whole truck with sand and salt even more. Thanks to both of you

i have seen on ebay the band style TPMS systems that the tracs have there not too expensive last time i looked they were around around $100 for the set and came with new steel bands as well as the sensors but that was while ago so the prices may have changed

what is the difference from 1st generation to 2nd generation in rims, there are all kinds of 1st generation rims on ebay, will these bolt on my 2010 or no? Thanks for all the feedback

Why don't you save your money for a really nice set of rims to replace the stock ones? Then use the stock ones for the winter! I'm sure Blizzak makes a 255/50-20 tire that will go on them. Plus your truck will look cool all year long. I just priced a set of Hella 866, 22"x9.5", 35mm offset with 285/35-22 Toyo STII tires for $2000 from mrwheeldeal.com. Mounted, balanced, no tax and free shipping from Cali. Its just what I would do. Bob

jupton3 said:
what is the difference from 1st generation to 2nd generation in rims, there are all kinds of 1st generation rims on ebay, will these bolt on my 2010 or no? Thanks for all the feedback.

The offset is different. Bolt pattern is the same. Gen 2 wheels have more positive offset, i.e. more backspace and will put the wheels closer to the vehicle.

thanks all for the feedback, Bob C i like the looks of the stock rims on my st, and they are easy to clean rather than get rims i have to polish all the time. This is my daily driver, i have a few other vehicles to maintain too and want to keep this one as easy as i can. Just looking to swap out rims for the winter with some black steel rims and snow tires. thanks all

Reguardless of weather you decide to get new rims with new tpms sensors, you will have to program the new sensors to your Trac. And when you put your stock wheels back on, they will also have to be reprogrammed, and believe me, I have yet to find a tire place that can do this, only a Ford dealer, or the Ford programmer that you can get on e-bay or a Ford dealer, will do this as of late last year anyway. Otherwise you will have to look at the orange tpms sign on your dash board all winter.

Jim,

Offset on your oem wheels is +44 on 7" width. The gen1 oem is +12 on 7" width.

Hope that helps....

Yes for sure i appreciate all the help, i can get 18 inch steel rims for 72 bucks a peice and im going with the same size tire that ford gives us for a spare. I will live with the light on on the dash for the winter, i cant see buying another set of sensors. Time to find a reasonable priced good snow tire. The remote start goes in next week! wont be long it will be hunting season, need to get all the chores done before then. This site is great i apprecite everybodys feedback so much

Last edited by a moderator: