WINDOWS!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul caughman

Reaction score
day before yesterday my back right windo would'nt go down when i pushed the button.. but about an hour later it started working again.. does anybody know what could have caused this

For some reason, this is a common fault with the Trac and on that specific door.

Next time it happens, open and close the door to see if it comes right back. If so, probably the plug and or harness passing thru the door, (many have found this to be the issue).

Some have found a defective motor and a few a poor connection at the switch...

I had this problem, only it was the drivers side rear window. I tested the door switches for continuity, (front and back) while it was not working and found them to test good. Then tested for voltage all the way to that door window motor. Voltage at the motor, but no joy. I removed the motor and disassembled it, cleaned the comm and reassembled it. It then worked fantastic, and has been for about 8 months now. I think it has to be lack of use on these windows and the comms get oxidized. Just running them once a month should keep them clean. Hope this helps.

Same thing happened to me on my 2005. Drivers side window would not work, no matter which switch I tried to use. I was ready to take it back to Ford and have them work on it. The next morning I got up and low and behold, it worked fine. Has been working fine ever since. Not sure what the deal is.

Latest posts