Window vents and automatic car wash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I am going to get my ST cleaned tomorrow when I go shopping and I am concerned about my window vents and bug shield. The car wash that I am taking it to, has an automatic wash and I was wondering how the bug shield and window vents would hold up with the water pressure and the big @$$ scrubers that they use. Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Might depend if you mounted them externally or in-channel. My vent visors are mounted in-channel and I've never had a problem with them at full-contact car washes. Ditto with the bug shield.

Come to think of it, my rear (back plane) window vent visor is mounted externally (only way it can be installed) and I've never had a problem with it either. Then again, it doesn't get the same contact that the side windows get.

not going to take it now. my wife had the ST today and when I got home from work , it was clean, she did a really great job on it. she even took off some decals off the rear window and put on a new one that I had bought awhile back.

I have a bugflector, been on since 1st yr of ownership. I've run the ST throug numerous car washes with no problem. No vent visors though, so cannot comment on them, but would assume the same, they'll be fine.

Go for it. Nothing to worry about. I run my vehicle through a car washe whenever I feel like it. I don;t care if it is touchless, brush, sponge, rubber, plastic, paper, wicker...I don't care.

If it is cheap, it is for me.

Tom

Latest posts