Window Vent/Visor ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay White

Reaction score
I've discovered that there are two styles of window ventvisors; one that you put on with 2-sided tape and one that mounts in the window tracks. Is one better than the other? What is the forum's experiences?

Thanks for the replies.!

I'd probably go with the "in-channel" for the side windows and use the 3-M tape ventvisor for the rear window. I use Wade "in-channel" window ventshades and have no problems. Also used VentShade's with 3-M tape vent sviseor for the rear window... works great and absolutely no problems whatsoever. :)

I have the in-channel vent visors but they still had 3m tape to make sure they stayed "in-channel". I prefered these because of the cleaner look. I even got them painted to match for a more unique look.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to larger off-road visors which I like. I have had to reattach one of them. The tape that was on them when I got my Trac didn't cover the whole length of the visor, but that was an easy fix. I admit, the in-channel style does have a much cleaner look though[Broken External Image]:

I think the in-channel units look a lot better. My van takes the ones that stick on the outside and I don't think they look as nice.

Latest posts