Window Tint

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GccST

Reaction score
I got my front windows tinted today. 20% to match the backs. They are a little bit lighter that the rear, but 15% would have been a little bit darker. It cost me 80 bucks for the fronts.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very good price. I asked around here and they wanted $150 for the front windows...

Pics?

And I'm a Steelers fan too, BTW... :)

How many of you drive with illegal tint? I live in Iowa and am considering taking the front windows down a bit. I'd love to match the backs, but I dont know if Im that daring. Iowa law is "no additional tint" on the front sides. 10 years ago I had a Ford Ranger and took those down a little, still illegal but even when I was stopped for other things they never mentioned my tint because it wasn't all that dark. Considering doing that again. I still see a lot of people around here with black front side windows, and you know not all of them (especially the ones in the lowered caddilacs with gold rims :p ) have vision problems and a tint prescription from their doctor. :lol:

mine was about 70 like Paul and Larry. I have 3M too......Oh wait, I HAAAAD window tint until that cop pulled me over JUST for window tint on my way to work at 5am....:angry::lol:

Mine match the rears. I'm told it is legal in Oklahoma. All I know for certain is that it looks much better than the two-tone tint that comes from the factory. :D

20 on all 35 on windshield all the way down i am a vampire

[Broken External Image]:

note the factory dark tint on the expy in the back compared to the ST

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
$ 50 from the guy that comes to our dealership! Guess I should jump at that! I'm told he's the best in the area. Hope so!! :)

I have an appointment to get the front windows done on the Sport Trac and all of the windows done on the Monte Carlo SS. All illegal 35% on the Monte and 20% on the ST. The shop is charging me $160.00 for both. $55 for the ST and $105 for the Monte.

bpoche, that looks great with the front windshield done. I wish that I could get that done to my Trac. My eyes are overdialated and the bright sun just kills me. I can see exceptionally well at night though. I can usually get away with a few minor violations with my vehicles but having the windshield tinted would deffinatly get me a fine.

Ill try to get some pics after the weekend. Its pretty much the same trac as Nelson's, except for a Waag brush guard and a few other minor exterior mods.

Latest posts