Window Guide

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 69360

Reaction score
The driver's window all of a sudden was making clunking noises and the window was going down at an angle. It also affected the outside handle to the point that I couldn't use it. I searched on the forums and found someone who said they used RTV Silicone adhesive. I didn't see any pictures and if I had seen pictures and seen how easy this was, I wouldn't have put it off as long as I did. Here are some pictures if anyone is interested.

Pic 1: RTV Silicone adhesive I used

[Broken External Image]:

Pic 2: Door panel removed and protector pulled back

[Broken External Image]:

Pic 3: The problem

[Broken External Image]:

Pic 4: Cleaned it as best I could with alcohol wipes and a blade

[Broken External Image]:

Pic 5: The fix;

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Job Fabe !

Be sure to submit this as a Member Project where others can more easily find it years from now.

...Rich

Nice job! :supercool: Amazing how many take the initiative to do their own repairs, but don't take pics. An example is the commonly failed door latches and

actuators that are not easily visible. I'm attempting to replace my drivers door latch tomorrow and will take pics if possible. Very confined and dark space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Mine hasn't been sealing lately. Driver side, rear part of the window, just as shown in your pics. Going to try that..... maybe in the spring when it's not 12 degrees outside lol.

Latest posts