Willie Nelson

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only guessing, but I think Willie is the bearded old fart in the middle. :grin:

Willie's home town of Abbot, Texas is just a few miles north of where I live, and he was arrested just off I-35 about 10-12 years ago for possessing pot, just a few blocks from where I lived in Hewitt, TX. He got off because the officer did an unlawful search of Willie's car.

....Rich

Richard,

Is that the time he was driving his sons car? I remember he got off on something to that efect. The radio DJ's made fun of him for stashing his pot in his sons car.......LOL

Eddie,

Don't know if it was his son's car...I never heard that claim. He pulled off the I-35 and was sleeping in the car. The police officer said that when he approached the car he saw what appeared to be a roach in the ashtray. He arrested Willie first, and then searched the car. He only found that one roach in the ashtray.

Willies attorney claimed that there was no probable cause to search the car since since the officer had no way of knowing if the butt in the ashtray was pot and his suspicions were not enough for probable cause to search the car without Willie's permission. It may have been his son's car and may have contributed to his acquittal.

When an officer is only suspicious, but does not have any real probable cause, he cannot legally search the vehicle without the driver's permission.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts