Will this work on a '01 ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
TripTunesâ„¢

Part Number: 6R3Z-19A464-AA

MSRP: $50.00

Take your tunes on the road! Now you can connect portable audio players (MP3, iPod,® iRiver,® SanDisk,® etc.), plus portable CD and cassette players, right to your in-dash radio. Just plug your player into the harness – a 3.5mm stereo connector provides the interface so you can listen to music through the radio’s speakers and control the volume. Audio connection is housed securely in your vehicle’s glovebox or center console. "Dealer Installation Recommended" Some models require an additional antenna adapter, please check with your local dealer for details.

The link is giving the Gen. Ford Accessories main page. Not the listing you mention. It is listing it for an '05 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a quick google search on the part number

Its a wired FM modulator, so it technically should work with any radio

I have a triptunes in my 06 s-crew.. It is FM modulated and you have the choice of two different FM stations to tune to, 87.9 or 88.1. I also have a Monster iTrip and I have to say the TripTunes has MUCH better sound quality.

The package comes with an FM modulator unit (about 4" x 2" x 1") wired to a switch with the AUX input 3.5mm jack with double sided tape to stick it wherever you want, wiring including the 3.5mm stereo cable, and zip ties. The wire length allows you to either place the switch in the glove box or if you have a flow-through console, in the console.

To install it, you take your radio out, unplug the antenna wire from the back of the radio, plug the antenna wire from the trip tunes into the radio, then the actual antenna into the triptunes antenna plug. Basiaclly just a harness for an antenna plug. You have to splice into the 12v wire and the ground wire to supply power, and thats it. tune your radio to one of the stations, turn on the supplied switch with AUX 3.5mm output connected to your ipod and go.

It's a piece of junk. It IS a wireless FM modulator. If you have to tune it to an FM station, it is wireless, otherwise, it would go to one of your AUX inputs.

I bought the exact one for my wife's '06 Mustang GT. Had to turn the volume nearly all the way up to hear it. Wound up taking it out. I know for a fact it is wireless.

Make sure if you get anything like that make it WIRED to your radio, and not a wireless FM modulator. Went to a 3rd party audio place where they did put a wired one in the AUX input. It kicks major butt in the sound department now.

Sorry for the bad news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey R & G -- I'm in the Bay Area (San Jose), not too far away from you. I just remembered the place where we got it done. I believe there are stores in the Sacto area.

The store is (no pun intended) -- Wireless World!

I only say its wired because it attaches to the antenna cable, unlike other ones that have a seperate wire 'antenna' that your vehicle's antenna has to pick on.

But thats the only two options for a FM modulater

I'd like to R & G, but my son has a hockey game tomorrow. Sure sounds like fun, though.

Scott G - they way it is advertised, I thought it was "wired" too, and not FM. It was my fault for not specifically asking this. Now I have this device just lying around. Anyone want to buy this piece of junk from me? Great salesman I am, eh??

Latest posts