Will this amp work for what i need?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Brown

Reaction score
Audiobahn A2150HCT 1200W 2 Ch Hi-Current Flame Amp

Description from Car Audio Deals: - 2 Channel High Current Amplifier - 2 x 150W RMS @ 4 Ohm @ 12.5 VDC - 2 x 300W RMS @ 2 Ohm @ 12.5 VDC - 2 x 450W RMS @ 1 Ohm @ 12.5 VDC - 1 x 300W RMS @ 4 Ohm @ 12.5 VDC - 1 x 600W RMS @ 2 Ohm @ 12.5 VDC - 1 x 1200W RMS @ 1 Ohm @ 12.5 VDC - 1 Ohm Stable - High Current, Non-Regulated Power Supply - Interior Circuit Board Illumination - Double Sided Circuit Board - Air Induction Dual Cooling Fans - Blue Illuminate Dual VU Meters - On/Off Illumination Switch - LED Illuminated Heat Sinks - Chromed Fire Flame - Illuminated AUdiobahn Nameplate - Hi-Pass Variable Crossover 50Hz - 750Hz - Lo-Pass Variable Crossover 40Hz - 120Hz - Subsonic Variable Filter 20Hz - 50Hz - RCA Line Inputs - RCA Line Outputs - Input Sensitivity 200mV - 8V - 18dB Variable Bass Boost - Bass Boost Range 40Hz - 100Hz - Fre...

I have two 4 ohm 10" Kicker Solo Baric L5's and wanted to make sure this amp will push them both my friend said yes but I just wanted to make sure before i buy it from him.... Dont want to be unhappy.

Your going to want more juice than that puny Audiobahn can put out. Those subs can handle 450 watts each RMS. I say try to get your hands on an older Rockford Fosgate Punch 800s. That ought to do the job perfectly. Just get a good box built to specs and wire it up correctly. Your going to have to run the subs at 2 ohms so wire the voice coils in parallel.

If he says it'll push em, tell him to hook it up for free, and if it sounds good you'll buy it. I'm thinkin it'll do alright, but you can only wire the subs to 2ohm. If you can wire the subs to 1 ohm, then you can bridge the amp to probably 1200x1 and it will pound the daylights out of you, that is, if it's 1ohm stable. The thing is, the Kicker subs are underrated, my friend has one L7 that I hooked up, and it will give you a headache 10sec into the song, and he's only runnin a 600x1. However, my most recent experience with Audiobahn is that their amps are also probably underrated; I just got a A4002T, 200x2 RMS @ 2ohms with two little Audiobahn 300watt RMS 10s, and it hits harder than the MTX Thunder 942 pushin 2 JL 10s that I used to have.

Anyways, see if he'll hook it up for free, and if he says no, ask why. See if it's what you're lookin for, and go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts