Will these tires fit the trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike B 3

Reaction score
Happy new year.

Quick question for those in the know.

A buddy of mine has a nice meaty set of tires he'll give me for aroun $200.

I'm not sure if they will fit on the trac tho.

Size on the tire was 33X12.5 R15.

I think the trac has a 16 in rim, so there's one problem, but would these bigguns fit under a stock fender with no lift? (assuming you could stretch them on a 16 in rim)

Thanks for the help.

:)

Tires won't fit stock wheel. You'll need, at least, a TT and Shackle and more than likely a wheel with a neutral and maybe slightly negative offset.

With a TT/shackle they might fit if the rim has the right offset but most likely you will need a bodylift or trim the front bumper a little. The rear will be okay. For a rim you want a 15x8 with 3.75" backspace (I'm the Wheels & Tires Forum moderator on a Ranger board, I know this stuff :D )

Steelies like an A/R 767 don't cost a lot, aluminum is where it gets spendy.

Note:

I don't think 15" rims will fit over the brakes on an ST that came with 16" rims.

2001 job 1's came with 15" rims and smaller brakes. 2001 job 2's and up came with 16" rims and larger brakes.

Hope this helps,

KatManT

15's will fit. Rangers have the same brakes and FX4 Level II's come with 15" rims and 31x10.50-15 tires.

Latest posts