Will these fit....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
265/75R16....I have no lift on an 05....I assume they may rub. Reason I ask is I can get these for less then the 265/70r16s

Chances are they will only rub during tight turns and you may be able to turn the stop bolts out 1 full turn. This will limit the turning radius but not enough to notice other than the lack of rubbing.

Stop bolts? Steering stops are not adjustable.

I have 265/75r16 on my 03 4x4 had a little rubbing on the front put a few zip ties on the inner splash shields to pull them away, also a bit of rubbing on the back added 1 1/4 spacers that took care of it.. I have Cooper HTP love these tires... aggressive looks and work great I snow or wet

Sounds good guys. I'll have to address any rubbing issues I may have after I put the new tires on. Could be sometime this week or next. Hopefully it isn't too hard to figure out lol. I'm thinking of doing a mild torsion twist as well, hopefully that will assist as well with the rubbing if any.

Sounds good guys. I'll have to address any rubbing issues I may have after I put the new tires on. Could be sometime this week or next. Hopefully it isn't too hard to figure out lol. I'm thinking of doing a mild torsion twist as well, hopefully that will assist as well with the rubbing if any.

I have 265/65-17, which are about an inch less in diameter than what you have. I had slight rubbing when the wheels were turned hitting a bump. I carefully heated the inner fender with a propane torch and "molded" it with a wood block in the areas it protruded. I got about a 1/4" clearance. This may be helpful for that last bit you need to maybe lessen the TT, avoid spacers or cutting.

Thanks yardsale! I remember reading a post about that last night. Im sure it will help when the time comes to adjust the fender wells.

That's what I had on my old '05 with a TT/shackle lift. They rubbed a teeny bit on the rear inner fenders and front swaybar corners but not enough that you'd notice or feel it or hurt anything.

Latest posts