Will S/T Bed Extender fit F-150?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Persico

Reaction score
I'm selling my cargo bed extender and a potential buyer wants to know if it will fit his F-150.

Anybody know if it will fit without any modification?

the ST's bed extender will not fit the F-150. The ST's bed is smaller length and width wise. The cage will not sit on the bed/lid correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely enough, I bought my bed extender from a person on Ebay who was selling it because they got rid of their F150 supercrew, and it was exactly the ST-sized one. I'm not sure if they got the wrong one initially, or what, but I bid on it because all the ones listed as ST bed extenders get run up in price - I got it for $17.50. Maybe I just got lucky?

I wonder if a run of supercrew bed extenders -were- the same length as the st's? I've read posts on here of people saying that their bed extender from a supercrew didn't fit, and others that said they did.

The interesting thing is - the tailgate on the ST and the Supercrew are the same (with different trim). So.. you'd think the bed extender WOULD fit. :wacko:

In any case, if you are selling it, I'd measure the bed extender and provide measurements to where the rubber bumpers would hit on the tailgate, and ask him to check to see if his tailcover cover has the same measurements. That way, if he buys it and it doesn't fit, you have recourse.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I've seen an ST's cage will not fit the standard single cab and/or extended cab/ fleet bed (none-flairside)F-150. As for what some people seem to be saying about the Super Crew F-150 and the ST's cages fitting sometimes, might be something depending on the production date of the SC and the ST that had Ford using the same parts. I'd follow Michelle's advise and have measurements taken to make sure.

The ST bed extender is the same width as the one for an 01-03 Supercrew, but it is about 4 inches shorter--doesn't reach to the end of the F150 bed, so it doesn't sit down correctly. The rubbers on the bottom of the extender that should sit into a ridge at the end of the tailgate actually rest on top of the tailgate and make it sit up a little bit too high to properly align the locking pins into the holes in the side of the bed.

Conversely, the Supercrew extender will physically fit on an ST, although it will sit all the way at the end of the tailgate instead of into the mounting points on the tailgate. But if you have a factory hard tonneau cover, there is not enough clearance (because it is, as noted above, about 4 inches longer) to rotate it back into the bed when not in use.

BTW: this information concerns the 01-03 Supercrew ONLY; the Supercrew of those years used a bed which was different than that of any other model of F150 (and just happens to be the same width as the Trac bed). Standard-bed or Flareside F150's of that period have a different width bed, as do 04-up models.

Latest posts