will it work????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, it's just torsion keys for the front and add-a-leafs for the rear. You can get the same lift for free just by turning your torsion bars. Suspension travel is suspension travel, there is only so much you can do. The add-a-leafs will not lift an Explorer or Trac much because their springs go under the axle, whereas on a Ranger they are on top of the axle.

Assuming you have a 4x4, there are no cheaper options. Your only options are a bodylift ($200 + install), Superlift ($2000 + install), and Dixon Brothers ($4500 + install which will be a lot, + shocks, + wider fiberglass front fenders, + paint, so call it $6500).

Sorry.

You forgot the only kind of real lift, Johnny. Bigger tires.

How much TT did you already do? You don't wanna go any more then 2"s max without causing severe damage to the axle shafts, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc...

My question would probably be, Do you do any serious wheelin' or do you just want it to sit higher and have that "Offroad Look" to it ? Hugh and I both are planning on doing a Solid Axle Conversion and Spring Over Conversion on our Trac's. We have already done the TT, SL and BL and want more lift, stronger components and articulation in the suspension then the IFS can offer.

Hugh, JohnnyO and I are also on another site called www.explorerforum.com and they lean more towards the extreme offroad and suspension fabrication for our vehicles.

:driving::supercool:

its says right on the web page that its fits 01-06 sport trac, im thinking about getting it, i want that big tonka boy stance really bad.

jryan, the lift springs won't work because the ST has the springs under axle and the Ranger has them over the axle. You can get 6-7" just from doing a Spring Over Conversion (look in chad's profile) but you'll still be stuck with the frontend sitting way lower then the rear. They do sell the frontend Superlift box kit but you'll need to buy the other parts to finish it (check out ebay.

This is the simple reason why so many people with our trucks ( ST's, Ranger's, Explorer's) really any IFS truck do Solid Axle Swaps like chad has done and Hugh and I are planning on doing.

You can get lift spindles for the front of a 2wd and get more lift then with keys.

This is another member's 2wd Trac. Just sayin'....

[Broken External Image]:

If memory serves, it has Ranger Edge dropped spindles, body lift, and Superlift rear springs. The tires are 37's I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts