Will a '95 Explorer Brusguard fit my '02 Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Chio

Reaction score
Guys, I need help. I have an opportunity to buy a stainless steel or chrome Manik brushguard with KC lights that came off a 1995 Explorer. I saw it today and it's in great shape. Will it fit my '02 Trac? Will I have to cut into the grill to route the support tabs through? I know I will have to remove the tow hooks too. Thanks. any advice will be appreciated. Oh and by the way, teh guy is asking $150 for it.

Does it mount to the frame? I bought a grille guard from a 98 explorer which is basically the same frame as an 01-05 sport trac. All I had to do was make two small slits in the bumper to make room for the brackets to slide through (you don't notice the slits) and I retained the factory tow hooks. It fit like a glove, the only problem is that it sits a bit lower than what I would like but it still looks good I think. Let me know if you want a pic emailed to you or more thorough details.

As far as I know it lines up to the frame. The mounting surfaces are vertical so I am assuming I am gonna have to get some brackets fabricated to fit the horizontal mounting surface where the tow hooks go. Some pictures would be helpful Kyle. Thanks.

Latest posts