why no rugs?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul bessey

Reaction score
i have a strange quest why is theres no rugs in the sport tracs? i looked at alot of sport trac before i bought my 08 and none had a rug. mines an xlt even the limited i looked at didnt have rugs anyone know why? thanks paul

The early Sport Trac brochures claimed you could just hose them out if tracked mud into them. The even implied that the fabric on the seats was water repelent.. None of that was true, but the rubber flooring made it easy to clean up any mud or dirt. You just could not "Hose" out the interior.

Most people thought the rubber flooring was more practical for a utility truck than carpeting and thought it was better for a truck not to have carpeting.

...Richard

Having a rubber floor with berber floor mats has proven to be a good decision. Ten years and I still have my original floor mats.

I like no carpeting but I sure as heck wouldn't hose the interior out...LOL!

"I even Armour-All the floor"

with a lil' water on your soles it must make for an interesting throttle to brake response :bwahaha:

Best thing they ever did! My mats are only in the rig during the summer months, if that. I HAVE hosed out the inside of my Trac, more than once. I picked up a second set of mats years ago from my local Ford dealer at a fantastic price. ( They do fleet sales to the state, and the state didn't want the mats in the vehicles.) I wore through the first set a few years ago.

It is allegedly an off-road recreational and utility truck. Why they put seats in that get dirty just looking at them, I'll never know. I like the rubber floor though. I'm in an out of it a lot all day and in the crappy weather we have here half the year, carpet gets filthy and wet in short order even with floor mats.

Why they put seats in that get dirty just looking at them, I'll never know

I remember seeing a new Ford Taurus on display at a dealer showroom during an open house one weekend. The tan seats were filthy when I returned to the dealership on Monday morning. Stupid, stupid color.

Rubber flooring FTW. The rubber floor has saved me countless headaches over the years. Muddy feet, snow, water? Who cares!

I also don't have to vacuum it as religiously as I would carpet.

If only they'd given more interior pockets & storage space....

Sadly, my tan seats aren't as dirt-proof as my floor :boohoo:

I had some gray flannel seat covers that I got for my old Ranger only to use when off-roading but on Trac I just put them on and left them because the seats get dirty so fast.

Agree with KL. Wish the Trac had some storage compartments behind and underneath the rear seats.

My 2010 has the little drawer under the passenger seat. The only thing I can find to put in it that fits is the pigtail harness for the brake controller.