Why Buy an i-Phone or Blackberry?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Althought it's getting a little dated, I've been a Palm user for years. If you think you want to try a smart phone, check out the Centro. It's not as flashy, but it's a great starting device, and a low price (usually $99 with activation.)

If that looks tasty, try it with the Sprint SERO plan. Just Google for SERO and follow the directions. I've moved my entire family onto those plans.

The iPhone will actually cost more, not less. I may try doing what my buddies did when they bought their iPhones. They went to an Apple Store to get their phones. Apple doesn't sell the service plans, only hardware. You have to sign up for the plan at AT&T. What they did is buy the phones, hack into the phone (about 15 mins work) and put their non-AT&T chip in it. They travel a lot and their Polish SIMS work in all the different countries they visit. Most of the places they go have better coverage than in the US and I can get 3G here already, whereas the US 3G coverage is spotty. Europe has us beat hands-down on mobile services. Most of the phones sold here aren't even locked, so companies are very interested in keeping their customers happy.

Latest posts