Who had to replace their wiper motor?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Hill 2

Reaction score
My wipers only works on high speed and will not park the wipers in home position.

Looks like it wiper motor replacement time.

This is my first major failed replacement item on my 5 year old 70k Sport Trac.

Are you sure it isn't the switch? I have never had a wiper motor fail, so I am not sure of the symptoms.

Tom

I have yet to trouble shoot it. I had the steering colomm wire done before. I think it might be this module thing for the wipers. I will also check the ground wire too.

My wiper one day just stopped working... It only worked in fast no intermittent. Then they started working again on thier own? ,Every now and then they would not i played with turning them on and off. I learned to just keep switching them on and off until they worked again. I found out that it was probably something to

do with the switch so i had it replaced.... It worked fine than one day.... It stopped...

I did the ole on and off thing and it started up again? beats me... I learned to live with it.

Joseymack

Thats been the same problem I had in the past with them. Untill now only high speed. I going to call the dealer to see if this falls under some type of recall.

I don't remember the exact symptoms I was experiencing, but I had to have my wiper motor replaced about two years ago.

I went home and now found the problem to the wiper motor high speed only. I found the two relays for wiper function dirty that are located in the engine bay driver side fender. Dirty contacts to the relay.

Cleaned them up and they been work like new.

A nice no cost repair. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts