Which TB Gasket???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan E 2

Reaction score
Zabtek is sending me my upgraded throttle body that I plan to install some weekend that I have free. I want to just order the throttle body gasket to make sure that I don't have any hangups when doing the install. Can someone point me to the right one??? I searched but come up with the same 4 choices......

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Throttle+Body+Mounting+Gasket/02547/C0026.oap?model=Explorer+Sport+Trac&vi=1366680&year=2001&make=Ford

Thanks!

Aluminum (Job 1) or plastic (Job 2) throttle body for your 2001?

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the pic in Todd Z's library. Give him a call to make sure. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2001 Gen1 Job1 with an aluminum throttle body and this is the gasket I use:

[Broken External Image]:

Note that the throttle plate in the bored TB that I got did not have a bleed hole, as does the OEM. I drilled a #45 hole (slightly larger than than the OEM) at an angle such that it is parallel with the flow when the plate is at rest, counter-sank and polished the countersink on both sides.

This may not be necessary, but it doesn't hurt.

I was one of the first to get the Fully modified TB from Todd..

you are going to love it.

it does wonders when tuned in.. but if you keep putting your foot in it.. and really enjoy.. it will use a bit more fuel..

Latest posts