Which Hitch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Miller 3

Reaction score
I'm looking to put a tow hitch on the ST. The more I look...the more confused I get. Reese, Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch...:wacko:??? I don't think I like the look of these types of hitches and I'm leaning towards the OEM Ford hitch. It looks rounded as opposed to rectangular and seems to tuck up under the bumper a little better. Any thoughts?? :unsure: Thanks Gang!!

Dan

I have a Hidden Hitch, it's not exactly hidden, but it's round tubing and tucks real close to the bumper. I guess one of these days I should take a pic and post it in my library, huh? :lol:

I have a Reese, which has round tubing and I think it looks great! I was picky as well, I didn't want a square one. I didn't think it would look right.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Hey Ryan, went to Reese's web site and the picture they show for the ST is square tubing. Did you have to special order the round tubing? Thanks - Art

Art,

the Reese Towpower part number on mine is 33020. If you search on the website for the one for the ST you'll notice the part number is the same. Also it says the pics on there are for reference only, and to the left of the part number is says "Professional Receiver - Round Tube."

So if you order 33020 from somewhere or find it locally, you should be fine. It should be the round tube one and there is no drilling required. I installed mine in no time!!

hope this helps.

-Ryan

oh yeah, I ordered mine about a year and a half ago from hitches for less...

Cool, glad I could help.

I did notice on that website I mentioned, that it seems they may only have drawtite now, and no reese. Just throwing that out just in case. At any rate, it's round tube and the installation instructions they sent me with my 33020 were for the reese 33020 AND the drawtite 75112, so the drawtite is probably the same as the reese, I would guess.

or you could just find the reese somewhere else, I suppose.

I have a Ford hitch. Got it from Rusty at Spartan L/M.

Here is a quick shot of how well it is hidden.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

IMO, the best looking hitch out there.

Tom

Just a suggestion for all of you who plan on buying hitches:

I bought a Ford hitch from Rusty, and prior to installing it, I had it sprayed with Line-X for about $65. I've always seen hitches that had rusted or flaked, and thought this would be a good preemptive strike on the corrosion process. I was glad I did it, because the end result looked great. I think it really improved the look of the hitch on the rear end. It also aided with installation, because the Line-X allowed the hitch to "grip" the sides of the frame as I slid it into place. Here's a picture, more in my library.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts