Which HID's should I go for?? Larry , you out there?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
I bought some HyperWhite bulbs at Sears.. They look good but I wanted a more clear/blue look. Do you guys reccommend SilverStars for this look? Larry if you're out there I'd like to know which ones you have, they look great. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry actually converted his to HID's, not just swapping bulbs. A couple of other members did the same and seem to be happy with the results. I've tried a couple of different bulbs and right now am using Nokya's. They work pretty well, though not as well as my original set and I can't recall what brand those were. I don't think the SS are blue-ish at all, just white.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Nokyas as well and are quite pleased with them. The only thing is that they are high wattage bulbs and using them with an upgraded headlight harness is a good idea.

Spac-

I forget what the ones you gave me were, I liked them, but when I switched headlights I needed some H4's. I think I like the Nokyas better though. Brighter and better looking then the SilverStars.

Yep. I did a full HID conversion including ballasts. The site I bought mine from was www.hidynamic.com. Sean said he was having some problems with them over (I think) blown bulbs, but I haven't had any issues. There's also a really good site called www.hidtech.com where I'm planning to get the parts to build my hi/low beam projector headlights.

I also had HID's. i baught mine from hidyamic.com. they have a 1 year warranty i think, but it was not honored! i would definatly not reccomend them!!! Extremly bad when it comes to following ups with email and things! so thats a Negative!

Also i would reccomend a German brand of HID's.

Ebay had the best prices when I bought mine.

<a href="http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=Nokya+9007"target=top>Ebay search for 9007</a>

or

<a href="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-19,GGLD:en&q=Nokya"target=top>Google search</a>

Latest posts