Which Fuse do I hook up the Amp remote wire to?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben beethe

Reaction score
Does anyone know which fuse to hook my amp remote wire too?

There are about 4 fuses that list audio on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK,

here is the file needed to hook upi Audio and alarms to the 2002 Sport trac.

The wire for a stock system seems to bthe BLK/LT GRN

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/13223/2002%20ST.pdf

Hope this helps

Thanks Sal,

but I need to know the which fuse in the fuse panel I should attach my amp remote wire too. I don't want to connect it to the radio harness.

I have a Pioneer DEH-P3900MP on its way.

Should I just hook up the amp remote wire to the new pioneer head unit instead of a fuse?

In the installation instructions for Pioneer head unit there is a Blue/white wire that the instructions say is to: "Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal"

Is this what I need to connect the amp remote wire too?

Yep. That is the wire you're suppose to hook up the amp remote wire to. I went one step further and wired a switch in series with the remote wire so I can turn off my amp whenever I wanted to. Like if my amp overheats I can shut the amp off w/out shutting off the stereo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. but if you want No Noise.. I would wire your constant power directly to the battery. Positive and the negitive.

This way the power going to the Amp is as clean as possible. and Fuse the amp with an External fuse

Latest posts