Which custom Nerf/Step side bars will work?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm wanting some "step" nerf bars with an actual step since my wife is a tiny little thing and will be riding with me or driving at times. Plus I'm hoping this will keep me from scuffing up my side skirts as on my white one I beat those up with my boots getting in and out when using the stock bar.

This is what I want, but no one makes it for a Sport Trac. I've checked N-Fab, Smittybuilt, and Go Rhino, but nothing for Sport Trac!

[Broken External Image]:

So, it looks like I will just have to buy some of these bars for another truck and fab up some brackets to make it work. My question is what truck do you think would be BEST FIT?

I have no idea how much longer an F-150 is, but I'm guessing that's out of the question. What about a Nissan Frontier or Toyota Tacoma???

0d4810e1bfb5628f766835549eb5c125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a local off road shop or a metal shop. I bet they can make you custom sliders (side bars), then you can powder coat them. Will protect your ST when you go off roading, and your wife will still be able to use them to get in and out of the ST.

My brother got some custom made ones for his Xterra at a local shop here