Where to find Dark Stone touch up paint

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd Quarles

Reaction score
I have another question for you guys? Where do you think I could find dark stone touch up paint? (I would prefer to avoid the dealer.) Funny thing, my sister's 05 Explorer is Dark Stone (same color as my Trac) and she got a rock chip that needs touch up paint. She asked me about it and we realized that neither one of us had gotten the touch up paint even though we bought the vehicles new. I would like to know where to find some for her and if I ever need any.

In the past, I have used paintscratch.com for such things, but I can't find the dark stone under Explorers or Sport Tracs.

Go to a local auto body supply shop. Some auto parts store mix paint as well give them the car color "T7" they can mix you up a qt or pint or even pump it into a can.

The Ford dealer I purchase from used to put a bottle of touch-up paint in the glove box when I purchased the vehicle. My 04 Sport Trac was the first vehicle that didn't come with one. I asked about it and they ordered my one free of charge. I would have your sister ask the dealer she purchased her vehicle from for a bottle. Have her play dumb and tell them they forgot to give her one when she purchased the vehicle.

Dark Stone is a great color. I fell in love with it and comp orange at the meet in Louisville. Could it be possible my next vehicle may not be black?...well....nah. I just don't have the guts to make the change.