Where to buy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey....lemmie shoot this at you and maybe it will help. I am in Iraq (but not a soldier) and I will be home late Jan for some leave. I got the funds (read that as CASH)to buy a STA but not the time to wait for it to be built. "home base" is Terre Haute, IN but I have the means to travel to get what I want. Where would be the best place to find the following ON THE LOT!?!?!?

09 STA V8 w/ Class II/IV hitch package and the Limited Convienience Package (4 line message center and all that). I also want the moon roof (but that is not a deal breaker) and the bed extender (but the dealer can order that for me)

Calling around is a bit out of the question. I have a cell phone but the time diff is prohibitive. Also the connections are not good and it is a pain making sure I have minutes on the phone.

Searching lot inventories online gets me nowhere too...as does requesting a quote online and all that.

If you guys can help, I would really appreciate it.

Dwayne

In your situation, I'd suggest using a site such as this. Put your want out and wait for the results.

Go to Ford.com, click on "Locate a Dealer" type in your zip code and specify the travel distance you're comfortable with and hit enter. This will bring up a list of dealers within that radius and you can search the inventory they have, just click on the show window sticker tab and there you go. I wound up finding what I wanted about 80 miles away.

www.forddirect.com

plug in a city and state and find actual dealer inventory and internet pricing...direct from ford

Dwayne,

Look into the Exchange New Car Sales program that's run by AAFES and the Navy Exchange. Service Members station overseas for >30 consecutive days can purchase new cars under this program at a considerable savings. You might even be able to find exactly what you're looking for using this service. Link below:

Latest posts