where to buy an aux cable

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim OLeary

Reaction score
I don't think I have an aux jack inside my 2002 on the side of the console, but I have one with a spring loaded cap in the side of the truck bed on the driver's side. Where do you get the cable, or what kind of connector mates to it?

Thanks

What are you trying to power in the bed? Just get a cord and wire it up to whatever you want. I have a rechargeable flashlight plugged into mine, but I also have a shell.

I didn't have a particular application yet. It's some sort of jack I am unfamiliar with and I wanted to learn up so I could find a use

Sorry for the large image.

The power point in the bed is on a 20 amp fused circuit, and accepts this type of connector:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
And that type of connector is like the cigarette lighter. Splitters and extensions are available from auto parts and other stores and various on-line sellers. There should be a power point to the left of the ashtray below the radio The small pull-down door at the bottom of the picture).

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Times they are a changing. I thought I'd never see the day when someone didn't know what a cigarette lighter aux power source was on sight. My 10 year old asked me the same thing just this weekend. " Dad, what is this aux power thing and what do you plug into it?"

I asked him to play a 45 my mom had lying around, he couldn't. He barely was able to get a cassette to play either. You should have seen him trying to dial on my grandmother's old rotory phone. HILARIOUS.

So TimO, I definitely feel your pain.

I will have to take a closer look at it!

It didn't appear to be a cigarette lighter type to me, or else I would not have made an fool out of myself asking!

Well now I can go shopping for an inverter!

Latest posts