Where to buy a mirror?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYJohn

Reaction score
My driver's side mirror gor clipped last week so I need a new one. Just the glass got broken. Does anyone know of a website where I can order one and have it mailed to me? I already went to my local dealer and the're no help. They have in stock a mirror for a 2006 but not a 2007 ST even though it is the same mirror just for 2 different vehicles. I know it's the same because I already swapped one off my father's 2006 explorer. But the all knowing experts at the dealer seem to know better and want me to order the mirror for the 2007 ST and wait 2 weeks.

Don't bother with the dealer, go to any place that cuts glass/installs windshields. They can cut one for you, usually for under 30 bucks (I think that is the price I have been seeing, don't quote me on it though). I know others on this site have had that done.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olaf is correct. If you only need the glass, go to a glass shop. I have paid as little as $8.00 on several occasions for my customers.

If you have no luck, e-mail me and I will send you a list of yards that have the mirror in stock.

Pepboys used to carry just the glass for a multitude of mirrors, so there must be a company

that provides them...

I tried Pep Boys and all the other chain stores and they told me the vehicle is too new for them to carry it.The problem with going to a glass place is that it won't have that "objects appear closer in mirror" view. I had one like that on another vehicle and it drove me crazy. I'm going to try a a few local junk yards. Some one has had to have wrecked an explorer recently. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts