Where´s mount the GPS nüvi 200

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my 200 like Jeff's, but on the drivers side of the overhead console. I also tapped a power line from the console for continuous power.

It's the little suction cup disc that came with it. Haven't had a problem with it falling like my C330 did (though the 750 is quite a bit lighter).

I only have it on the passenger side because my radar detector is on the driver's side above the mirror. I hope to have a ScanGauge2 up there above the mirror as well, soon. I'll be able to look up, know all my info, where I am, etc, and check my rear view...

I gave up on hard mounting mine. I open my Nuvi 350 so that it is an "A" shape with the antenna panel. I set the GPS into the trapezoid shaped compartment at the forward end of my console. The ribs of the rubber mat on the bottom of the compartment keep it from moving around. In that location I can see the screen and listen to the audible directions clearly. I can throw it into my pocket or storage bin and there is no visual telltale sign (mount, cord, etc.) that indicates a GPS may be hiding within.

my nuvi 200 is mounted just like jeff c's location, except on the drivers side of the mirror. I love it there, no reaching at all and I can keep my eyes on the road.

eltee,

I know what you mean about using the antenna panel. Sometimes in the other car, I'll just shove the antenna into the air vent which holds the device securely. It always amazes me that the reception is so good, regardless of how, or where the unit is mounted.