When will we see another new body change to a ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point there will be no redesigns as the ST is going offline in 2011-12. Our ST's will be instant classics.

Quote: "At this point there will be no redesigns as the ST is going offline in 2011-12. Our ST's will be instant classics."

Wait, are you saying Ford plans to discontinue production of ST?

That's not coming to the U.S., Rich

Despite the long-in-the-tooth truck's aging underpinnings and FoMoCo's push to standardize platforms with it's "One Ford" initiative, the all-new Ranger most likely won't make it to the States (despite our best hopes).

Hmm, that wasn't the article I was thinking then. I have read one that said there will continue to be a ranger until at least 2013 for the 30th anniversary and then a new one after that.

All they need to do is put that 3.5 in one and/or a diesel and they'd do better here. Or make it 10% bigger, sort of the size of the new ST.

Wish in one hand, Hope in another. I think we can all hope and wish for the ST to continue, but only those at FMC know for sure. Me, I want them to continue this truck because they have no valid competition versus it, but business logic is beyond our group wishes, and so it may never matter what we want or think or wish to happen. Somehow, Todd Z is absent from this topic as I write this, and he is usually knowledgable about such things. Also, I think a few others here are Ford gurus and have some stuff to say here on this topic. Chime in on this Todd Z!!!!:argue::banana:

Unibody and truck should not be used in the same sentence.

I'm not sure what I'll be replacing my ST with when the time comes.. I don't really have any brand allegiance, I just want a bed and the capability of 4 adults. Lots of options out there that fill that.

I really hope they bring a new 4-door truck with a 5' bed, tonneau cover, side tie points, decent clearance, solid 4x4 system to the US. From what I can see, this truck has most of those checks in the block.

And, this Ranger (if that's what it really is) has the fuel door on the correct side vice the Gen 2 ST.

I believe Ford will be announcing this August the Sport Trac replacement will be the F-100. It will be a smaller version of the current F-150 and will be built in the same assembly plant as the larger F-150.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/2011/ford/f100/rumors/is-ford-thinking-smaller-with-a-new-f-100-pickup-based-on-f-150.html

http://jalopnik.com/389430/ford-f+100-coming-in-2011

Chris,

Both of the articles that you referenced are almost two years old. Ford has since cancelled any plans to produce the F100 truck.

I dunno, if they went and added side airbags to the current Ranger it makes me think it's going to be around for awhile.

Latest posts