when is the best time to buy airline tickets?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
does anyone know what is the best day to get the cheapest airline tickets? also what websites do you recomend to buy the tickets from? i am looking to fly around the 4th of april.

Tnanks in advance, Ryan

Sidestep.com gives you prices from everywhere (Including Orbitz, Travelocity....)

depends on where your going and where your leaving from..

try

www.usa3000.com

www.southwest.com

i've flown from philly to fort meyers flordia for $120 round trip on USA3000.. i usually check the box on the web site for flexible traveler and it shows all the prices for each day leaving and return.

other family members have had good luck with southwest..

also google discount codes for the air-line.

as troy stated, depends on your destination.

my family fly's to florida 4-5 times a year and soutwest is our choice. great no frills airline with great price. just booked may for $76.00 each way. also no extra BS fees.

fly on tuesday and wednesday as those days will have the best prices. air travel is down so shop around as airlines are seeking biz.

There's also Yapta. It notifies you when the rates drop, but sometimes that's only for a few minutes. And I give Sidestep a second vote also.

Timing is everything.

USA 3000 is cheaper the further out you buy the ticket.

Then Continental will sell tickets from Newark to Cleveland round trip for as low as $123.00 round trip when they are trying to fill the plane...

I don't fly much, but when I do it's with Southwest. I bought round trip air fare to Alb. New Mexico from Hartford about 8 weeks in advance and got it for about $318. I thought that was pretty reasonable. Looking forward to my trip!

Latest posts