When is Ford redoing the Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were a lot of guys who didn't think you were driving a real truck unless it had a solid front axle. My Dad was one of them. He kept an old 1950 Ford for a long time, until he just couldn't keep it going any longer. His next truck was a 1978 F150 with the "twin I-beam" front suspension. Ford's compromise between solid front axles and independent front suspension calmed his fears a bit until he got used to it. Now IFS doesn't bother him any more. IRS will be the same. It will be awhile before everyone gets used to it, but it will be accepted, and people will learn how to modify it, too.

Just wait until the F150 comes with IRS!

I got my ST because I did not need a truck the size of an F-150 and I did not want the extra money for gas, but

I DID want a truck and the ability to use it off road. The new ST is taking away many of the options of using it as a truck. I don't like the new bed and the axle going through the frame sounds stupid to even someone like me that doesn't understand much about the mechanics of the truck.

That is like the new Harley Davidson F-150's are going to have a stock engine and extended cab, as opposed to the Lightning style engine and supercrew.

My question is

WHAT IS THE POINT??

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts