When did video games get so COOL!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Kubatz

Reaction score
My 11 year old son and I were snowed in this weekend in NJ so I took advantage of this time to chill out with him and play video games. I bought him Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Wow this game is awesome!

We took turns playing online. You really need to learn all the controls and the maps that you are playing on. At first we were just like sitting ducks but by the end of the weekend we were holding our own.

I grew up on atari and this game is light years ahead of Space Invaders and Donkey Kong. LOL. The only downside to this is I think I'm hooked on video games again at 43 years old.

We play on the Play Station 3. Do any other members play this game online?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your not alone. I personally am young but a lot of the people i play Modern Warefare 2 with online are middle aged. A lot of people make fun of video games but the experience is really begining to change into a new for of entertainment. I cant say I'm anywhere near old enough to remember Atari. Its years older than I am lol. But even watching the evolution from the original playstation to the Xbox360 and the PS3 is unreal. I honestly cant wait to see what the next generation of video games will hold!

Call of Duty World At War is the Only video game I play! I heard modern warfare is awesome. But I'm a big history buff and modern stuff isn't as appealing. Welcome back to the gaming world! lol

Play the game quite often but on the 360. Just prestige'd today actually. By far one of, if not the best game I have played on the 360.

I tried Modern Warfare on my PS3 and my friends kept killing me, basically not letting me play :( I have no coordination for it. I ended up giving the game to my nephew. We as a family love Rockband 2.

I am a MW2 addict, lol :smile0012: I play on 360, gamer tag Whiskerednuts (xbox live suggested this name when I was making one lol):smile0014:

PS3 Call to Duty Modern Warfare - Can switch to Netflex online or Blue Ray if wife comes along. Can't go outside its down to 52 degrees. :smile0004: love these new things

i play on Xbox 360. I have a LIVE membership as well and play online quite frequently.

If you haven't done it yet, play the campaign. Its better than a movie.:smile0015:

I'm addicted to MW2 for my PC, Level 50 so far... but I cant help to think that 11 years old to be playing that game seems a little young... Plenty of blood and guts....

We have five consoles (GameCube, DS, PSP, PS2, and now Wii). The PS's are supposed to be mine, but my son's been using it since GC games are getting harder to get. He had a good report card and is going to be home alone for the Christmas break, so we let him open the Wii last night. I think my wife and I are going to enjoy it as much, if not more, as him.:smile0011:

BTW, Todd, LOVE the new emoticons! Glad you kept the Nanner!

We only have a Wii at home, and I've been wanting to get COD for a while, but I heard there's quite a bit of lag on the Wii. Does anyone who has played this on multiple platforms noticed this?

Latest posts