wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob mcarthur

Reaction score
i'm thinking of replacing my stock rims. but how will the new rims be since the stock ones have the tire pressure gauge.will there be any problems.

thanks too all in advance

Sorry my previous responses did not get through. Not sure what the problem was.

Getting back to the wheels, I recently bought a set of new BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A tires from the same Ford dealer where I purchased my Sport Trac. The main reason I went there was price...they gave me the best quote out of three or four that I got. Also, I ran into confusion on the part of some tire dealers in regard to the TPMS and I figured who would be better than a Ford dealer to work on a tire/TPMS issue?

Well, the Ford dealer did not seem to know how to handle the TPMS issue. While taking the old Michelins off of the wheels, the mechanic destroyed three out of the four TPMS sensors. They were able to find only two more at nearby dealers so I ended up having to leave my ST at the dealer overnight.

A simple tire install ended up taking two days.

My advice to you is: make damned sure that whoever you buy your tires from knows how to handle the TPMS. You don't want to get into a mess like I did.