wheels/ waxing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob mcarthur

Reaction score
i have a 07 ST what is the best wax to use on the wheels trying to maintain them as best as possible was thinking of mothers metal and the power ball. Any ideas would be helpfull.

thanks in advance to all

Dont use anything abrassive..the wheels are clearcoated..otherwise for clearcoated wheels, whatever you use on the paint...JMO

I use Meguiars NXT on both the paint and rims with excellent results. No need for anything beyond what you use on the paint.

As long as you wash the vehicle enough to get the brake dust off, it shouldn't be necessary to use anything other than wax occasionally on the clearcoat so they clean up easier. Polishing isn't really needed, if anything it will take the clearcoat off...and you really don't want that.

Only use wax?!?!?!, your just sealing all the oxidation and contaminantes into the paint, thats not good. You NEED to do it in steps,

clay bar (once a year)

cleaner wax (every 3 months),

polish; Is what makes the paint REALLY shine it gets rid of small scratches, and other minor surface imperfections, and No most polish won't take clear coat off... MOST POLISHES SAY CLEAR COAT SAFE, IE: Meguiars, Mothers, Turtle Wax, etc. (every 3 months)

wax (whenever you can, or when the paint seems dull, doesn't feel smooth, and the water doesn't bead off.) WAX is just to protect your clear coat, yes it gives it a little shine but the shine really comes from the polish. SO POLISH!

Oh and I use Meguiar's mirror glaze cleaner wax, polish, and yellow wax. It's the best that I have ever used on any wax products, never tried zaino's but I hear they are pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts