wheel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy reilly

Reaction score
I looking at upgrade my stock wheel. My question is will I have an issues putting a 17X9 rim. The guy at discount tire said I may have to take my trac to an alignment shop. I far out will the rim sit. I'm looking at the V-tec Raptor.

I've been wheel shopping as well. The problem with a 9" wide wheel is, that you pretty much need a 275/60 tire (or larger) to go with it. According to tire specs, a 9" wide wheel is too wide for a 245/65, 255/65, etc. I'm unsure if a tire shop would mount them? I'd be interested in what DTD would say -- as a lot of their 17" wheels are 9" wide.

What size tires do you have? "Approved Rim Widths" for the OEM 245/65 is 7-8.5. I still have the Fortera HLs.

I still have the stock tires. I plan on get wheel and tires. I'll probably go with the michellin LTX. I've had them before and the were great.

What size tires do you plan to get? I did some checking last night, and some 255/65 are spec'd OK on a 9" wide rim. DiscountTire would know. The wheels will fit if you buy them from DTD.

I've been meaning to buy the torque thrust wheels from an older mustang (Im told the newer body style wheels don't have the correct offset). I hear these wheels are 17x9 and would fit but since i intend to put bigger tires on, im waiting till I do a body lift.