Wheel Spacers installed on 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bRAD Baltzer

Reaction score
Installed four (1.25" Spacers on my 07 Limited with OEM 18" wheels and Toyo Proxes 275/55R18 tires.

Spacers...

[Broken External Image]:

Before spacers....

[Broken External Image]:

After Spacers.....

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

It made more of a difference than I expected. Really gets the wheels "untucked" from under the truck and gives it a wider looking stance. Sorry, Pics are from slightly different angles and makes it hard to see the big difference this made.....

Last edited by a moderator:
See link on Spacers from eBay. Badging is a mod from a 1953-1954 F100. I just don't care for the huge Sport Trac Badge and I like F-100s.........the ST IMO is an updated modern version of the F100s.

yes...........will take some better pics when I get home tonight. I was considering just the rear, but went ahead and installed all 4.

Brad: I bought the same spacers, but it looked like the rear

studs would have to be cut. as I thought they protruded too

far outside the spacer. Did you cut any lugs?

If you use the OEM wheels you don't have cut the studs as the there are cut-outs on the inside mounting surface of the Ford wheels. The studs did extend beyond the spacers ~ 1/8" on the rears and ~ 1/16" on the fronts. If you use aftermarket wheels the studs need to be trimmed, BUT, you would only have to trim the non-threaded part of the stud, so it doesn't have any impact on the stud if you put the OEMs back on. If you used 1.5" thick spacers, no cutting would be required at all on aftermarket wheels. I did follow the directions to the letter! Installed the spacers to clean hubs with the retainer clips removed , torqued them to 100 ft lbs and drove the truck 10-20 miles. Pulled the wheels and re-torqued the spacers to 100 ft lbs (they did require a turn or so as they did seat). For some reason the fronts required the most tightening and the rears, very little. Drove another 10-20 miles, pulled the wheels and checked the torque again......all were perfect. Good to go.........will always check them in the future at tire rotation or whenever the wheels are removed. I don't notice a difference in handling at all with the spacers installed. I was impressed with the quality of the spacers, they were milled very nicely and are stout units. Additional pics are attached. /Brad

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Would just like to emphasize that when you install, you follow the initial insttallation directions supplied by the manufacturer. It requires significant initial effort to torque & re-torque the spacers (potentially several times) to seat them to the hubs as the wheels have to be removed each time. /Brad

That's the look that Ford missed for these trucks. The wimpy

"inside the wheel well" look detracts from an otherwise great

looking rig. Looks very nice all around, Brad!

I don't know the backspacing, but I remember the local shop telling me they have 40mm offset. Seems like they are 7" rims?!?!?!?!?

The rims I am looking at are 18x8.5 and are 15mm offset. That should pull it out and keep the back close...

I think the stockers are 45mm offset. I know they're 18x7.5".

The one's I'm contemplating are 18x9.5" with a 45mm offset.

Brad is correct. You should recheck the lug tightness on the spacers, just like you'd recheck the wheel nuts. Another thing to consider: some tire shops won't touch your wheels if you have spacers installed - they don't want the liability exposure. Since you're not supposed to torque aluminum spacer nuts over 95 lbs/ft, I wouldn't want them to anyway. That's why I do my own tire rotations (I have 1.3" spacers, btw). If I know I'll be asking a shop to perform a service that will require taking my wheels off, I'll remove the spacers ahead of time.

The last time I re-installed the spacers after buying new tires, I used thread locker on the spacer lugs. I checked the torque settings on them a week later, and they hadn't loosened up one bit. I'll find out the next time I have to remove them, if that was a bad idea. :p

Last edited by a moderator: